- School Info
Why should children be in school?
It is the law. Parents can get penalty notices and receive a fine if this law is broken.
Children need to be in school so they do not miss any lessons and they increase their learning.
There are 190 school days which leaves 175 non school days to use for family time, visits, holidays, household jobs and other appointments.
When children miss school they miss out, every day counts!
Holidays during school term time are against the law!
- Taking children on holiday or out of school during term time is against the law. We understand that holidays during term time may cost less money, but they are still against the law.
- Term time holidays are an increasingly serious issue and the government is advising schools to take action where they need to in order to make sure that this does not happen.
- The school is not allowed to authorise absence during term time unless there are exceptional reasons (this does NOT include the sickness of a family member).
- Taking authorised holidays could result in a penalty notice from the London Borough of Barnet.
What if my child is sick?
- Coughs and sneezes are no excuse not to come to school
- Being ill may prevent your child from going to school, but if they can get out of bed and play, or watch television they should be at school!
- Feeling tired is not an illness, they need to go to bed earlier!